Friday, October 23, 2015

Thunderbirds

Okay, so it's been more than a month, but I haven't forgot my promise to post a blanket. This particular choice was inspired by ongoing preparations for the hawking season. (Today's task: build a new hawk box for Stekoa.)


The thunderbirds on this Pendleton have always reminded me of the ones on the Nebraska State Capitol here in Lincoln, although now I see they're nowhere near as similar as I had imagined.


The hawk box, incidentally, is the most technologically advanced one I've done yet, with HD DoubleCorr™ construction, BlackOut Automotive Ventilation™, and X-Ray Vision Flooring Technology™. (That is to say, I've upgraded from a standard cardboard moving box to a double-thickness one from Home Depot, ventilation is provided by side dashboard vents from a 2009 Subaru WRX, and I'm trying to protect the cardboard floor with old X-ray film obtained from a vet.)

No comments: